5 Pros of Black Friday Shopping
After posting Black Friday Smarts, where I included tips that help make your Black Friday shopping experience better, I figured I should also provide some shopping Pros (today’s post) and Cons (another post coming soon) about waking up so darn early or possibly never going to sleep. Here is the list that I compiled for Pros of Black Friday shopping:
1) Saving Money- This is obviously the ultimate and most important reason that most people, brave the stores with all the crazy shoppers. When many people see huge price cuts on items they have been waiting for all year to get, they go nuts! So although your bank account and spouse will thank you, saving money comes at a cost. Think zzzzz’s
2) Getting the almost sold out toy or gadget that your children or spouse is drooling over- When your child or spouse says, “all I want for Christmas is…” the most sought after toy or gadget, you better get your running shoes on. Here is why, if thousands of others are after the same item, you have to increase your chance of getting the prize by putting in the time and sweat equity. Besides, nothing will replace the priceless look on their face when they open their gift on Christmas morning and unwrap what others couldn’t seem to get their hands on!
3) Great Workout-When you brave the stores on the most popular shopping day of the year, you will definitely be working off the turkey, stuffing and pies. Shopping on Black Friday, requires mad dashes to different departments, running around like your hair is on fire, and sprinting from store to store, trying to gather all of the items on your wish list. (If that’s not a work out I don’t know what is?)
4) Spending time with your shopping buddies- This is a great way to spend time with family, friends or people you just want to hang out with. Many stores will have shoppers waiting outside their establishments quite a few hours before they open; so if you are going to get the best deals, you will be sitting alongside them in your fold out chair. This will allow you many hours to converse with your shopping buddies and did I mention to bring a deck of cards?
5) Bragging about your adventures – This is one of my favorites; you can have the best shopping experiences when you get what you went for. But you often times don’t just end up with that, you usually have some of the most interesting stories to take back home to share with others. I myself have a story / joke that goes like this… what does a preacher, college student and photographer all have in common on Black Friday?…Waiting in line at Best Buy for 6 pain staking hours in 17 degree weather for a fantastic deal on laptops 7 years ago!